RaSiM has successfully provided a forum for the exchange of knowledge in the fundamental and practical aspects of the rockbursting and mining induced seismicity since 1982. The Symposium was first held in Johannesburg and then visited the North America, Europe, South Africa, Australia and Asia. In 2017, the Symposium will be held in Chile, South America.
The 9th version of RaSiM is entitled “Rock Mass Response to Mining and Underground Construction”
The official language of the Symposium is English. There will be simultaneous English/Spanish and Spanish/English translation.
The following topics are going to be discuss in RaSiM9:
- Seismic hazard
- Pasive and active seismicity
- Mechanism of seismic events and rockbursts
- Acquisition, processing and interpretation of seismic data
- Induced and tectonic seismicity
- Integration of modeling, mine planning and design
- Mining and construction under high stress conditions
- Rock mass preconditioning
- Dynamic support
- Laboratory studies
- Case studies